When to call the obstetrician?
ZP® - English, 27 February 2019 10:37Laatste update op: 2 August 2019 16:00
The obstetrician will discuss in which cases you should call him/her. This can be because labor has begun, but also when to call him or her with certain symptoms.
Generally, you should always call the obstetrician:
- In case of vaginal blood loss
- If you have a headache, if you see black spots in front of your eyes, vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen or pain in between the shoulder blades
- In the case of less movement by your child than normal
- Pregnant for less than 37 weeks and you think you are in labor
- If you lose amniotic fluid
- If you have questions or are concerned.
If you are having contractions, call the obstetrician the way she discussed with you during your conversation about the delivery.
Keep the emergency phone number of your obstetrician (or gynecologist) on hand and store it in your phone.