Did you know that practice of mindfulness meditation during pregnancy has been proven to reduce anxiety, depression, and stress during pregnancy, which may continue to have beneficial effects through the postpartum period.
Tools of mindfulness meditation can also have a positive impact on the childbirth experience. For example, according to a study from the University of Amsterdam, 36% less women request pain relief during birth.
There could not be a better time to learn mindfulness tools than during pregnancy.
We would like to offer you an opportunity to deep-dive into the world of mindfulness during this three workshops. Given in English bij Katia Khomich. You can join all the series of 3 workshops, or just one.
- Duration of workshops 60 min
- Offline @ Femme-Amsterdam
- Dates: see workshops below
- Free for Femme clients
- No experience in mindfulness required.
Think about this series of workshops as an opportunity to prepare not only your body, but especially your mind for labor and motherhood.
Giving birth is a journey, which can be compared to climbing mount Everest (or maybe even something higher than that…).
It, too, requires focus, mental resilience and flexibility, self-compassion, ability to stay present, one breath at a time.
During these workshops you will train ‘muscles of the mind’ – attention, capacity to stay present, learn to deal with ‘sticky’ thoughts, embrace uncomfortable emotions, learn to be with pain, practice tools to grow compassion.
Every workshop will be offering a different theme and will be rooted in practice.
More and more often midwives recommend starting mindfulness practice during pregnancy, as it has been shown to reduce need for painkillers or other birth interventions. It has also been shown to lower chance of having postnatal depression.
All the practices offered in this workshops are rooted in ancient wisdom and backed by modern science.
- Workshop 1: Discomfort and pain during pregnancy and labor. What is inevitable? What is optional? - June , 18.00 o'clock @ Femme, souterrain
- Workshop 2: Emotions in pregnancy – suppress, avoid or allow? - July 6th, 18.00 o'clock @ Femme, souterrain
- Workshop 3: 'Sticky thoughts' – how to navigate repetitive, useless thoughts 'what if... and 'if only...' - August 10th, 18.00 o'clock @ Femme, souterrain
You can sign in by emailing Katia, she will provide you with a Zoom link prior on the workshop.
This is a try out for Femme as well so we would love to hear your feedback about it in our email
Warm regards on behalf of our whole Femme team